About Friends of the Watch Project
Friends of the Watch Project are people who offer financial support for the Watch Project, this amount can be a one-off donation, or a monthly amount given directly through a Direct Debit. The amount of money given is entirely within the gift of the Friend of the Watch Project – all friends are treated the same, regardless of how much money donated. This is because everyone can afford different amounts, and we value all donations
Friends can be members, volunteers, Directors, previously associated with the Watch Project, or new to us. All we will need in return are:
- Personal details (name, address, contact details)
- Details of financial donation
In return, Friends will:
- Receive details of how their financial donation will be helping the Watch Project
- Receive regular updates in the form of newsletters about the project
- Be invited to Annual General Meetings, the Christmas party and other special events
- Receive information on how they can have a professional interest, provide advice and guidance to the direction of the Watch project
- Be guided on how to gain awareness and understanding of mental health, access feedback from members with lived experience of Mental Health
- Have a direct point of contact for the Watch project where all questions can be answered
- Not only be supporting their local community, but also be helping isolated and lonely people
Did you know that you can help by contributing any amount: £2.50 pays for a meal each Thursday (or £10 for a month) for a member struggling with finances. £15 pays for a member to improve skills through an online course. £20 could help buy materials for the art table. £5 could pay for a members day trip out.
Friends are not expected to volunteer at our Thursday Project, which meets every Thursday at Chard Rugby Club, from 11am until 4pm. However, if Friends do wish to volunteer to help at the project they will need to complete the Volunteer Application Form.
For further information, please contact Leonie Girling:
Download the Registration form here.
You can email the file to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard-copy by post to:
The WATCH Project
42 Fore Street