Are you interested in taking an active role to support a Local Community Project?
WATCH is a Peer Member Led Community Project, meeting every Thursday in Chard to reach out and engage with adults who are socially isolated, disadvantaged and facing barriers within their community. Over 100 people each year get support from WATCH in Chard.
Members gain confidence and skills by forming valuable peer relationships, forming friendships, working with local organisations and then accessing learning and training activities that can help with volunteering and employment.
Our motto is ‘Your Potential, Your Voice, Your Way’
• Contribute a regular or one off donation to provide financial stability to the project. £2.50 pays for a meal each Thursday (or £10 for a month) for a member struggling with finances. £15 pays for a member to improve skills through an online course. £20 could help buy materials for the art table.
• Support the project based activities or events for WATCH members and associates.
• Have a professional interest, providing advice & guidance to WATCH members, staff and volunteers.
• Gain awareness and understanding of mental health, access feedback from members with lived experience of Mental Health and developed well-being/self-help skills.
• A business employee or student can take on a work experience role or run a mini project.
• Act in a recognised volunteer role at the project or on our WATCH management board.
• Receive a 3 monthly newsletter about WATCH
You can email the file to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard-copy by post to:
The WATCH Project
42 Fore Street